Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the notification for the UPSC Civil Services Main Examination 2019. Civil Services exam, also known as UPSC IAS 2019 or CSAT 2019, consist of the Preliminary and Main stages. The candidates needed to apply separately for both stages.
The online registration for IAS 2019 Prelims can be filled up to Mar 18, 2019 till 6.00 pm. The Exam is scheduled to be conducted from Jun 02, 2019. The candidates can get the detailed information regarding the UPSC Civil Services IAS Exam 2019 from this page.
Conducted by: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
Name of the Exam: Indian Administrative Service/Civil Services
Name of Post: IAS, IFS, Indian Revenue Service, Indian Audit & Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A’ & Other Posts.
Total Vacancy: 896 (Approximately)
Application Fee: Rs. 100 (Gen/OBC) | Rs. Nil (SC, ST, BC, PH & Ex-Servicemen)
Release of Notification for IAS Prelims: 19-02-2019
Starting Date for Apply Online for IAS : 19-02-2019
Last Date to Apply Online: 18-03-2019
Last Date for Fee Payment (by cash): 17-03-2019
Last Date for Fee Payment (Online): 18-03-2019
Date of Civil Service (Pre) Exam: 02-06-2019
Age Limits & Number of Attempts
The applicants must have aged between 21 to 32 years as on 1st August of the examination year.
This age limitation may vary from category to category.
For OBCs, the upper age limitation is 35 years.
For SC/ST, the upper age limitation is 37 years.
The upper age limitation is relaxed only for certain categories.
|Category||Upper age limit||No. of attempts|
|General||32 Years||06 Attempts|
|OBC||35 Years||09 Attempts|
|SC/ST||37 Years||No bar|
|PH (Blind, Deaf, Orthopedic)||42 Years||GEN/OBC= 9 attempts/ST= No bar|
|J & K Domicile||GEN=37 Yrs, OBC= 40 Yrs, SC/ST=40 Yrs, PH=50 Yrs||No bar|
|Disabled servicemen, disabled from duty.||GEN=37 Yrs, OBC=40 Yrs, SC/ST=40 Yrs.||No bar|
General: Rs. 100/-
SC/ ST/ Female & PwBD: Nill
Payment Mode: Depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash/ Net Banking/ Credit/ Debit card
Candidates should posses Degree from a recognised University.
Apply Online For IAS Registration I
Upsc Exam Calendar Click here
Notification Click here
Official Website Click here
How to fill IAS Application Form 2019?
- Log in to the official website of UPSC and search a link for “Application Form”.
- Once you get the link, click on it and application form window will be opened consisting of 2 stages registration- part I & Part II.
- You need to click on Part I registration & fill all the details as required in the application form.
- Once all the details are entered, you have to click on submit. On submission, a registration ID will be generated.
- Now the applicants will have to proceed with Part II registration by using registration ID generated during Part I registration.
- Here you have to choose the examination you want to appear for.
- Now upload the scanned images of your photograph & signature in the specified format.
- Also, pay the application fee as mentioned in the website.
- On successful completion of the application fee, the registration process will be completed.
- The applicants can take down the print out of their online submitted application forms for future reference.
Documents Required for IAS Prelims
Candidates are required to assemble the following documents prior to IAS Exam 2019 Registration to ensure accurate and correct data. Any mismatch between the actual information and the registered information will result in cancellation of candidature
Class X Mark sheet
Class XII Mark sheet
Graduation Mark sheet
Medical certificate, if reuiqred
Category certificate, if required
IAS Prelims 2019 Admit Card